Curating your skincare routine can be kinda tricky, particularly as there is so much to choose from.
We believe the first thing to do, before you start loading your online shopping carts, is to determine your skin type or condition and, while it might not be as straightforward as you think, we have put together this simple guide to help you out!
- Prone to blackheads and breakouts, with shiny or thick skin.
- Oil glands, called sebaceous glands, overproduce and secrete oils that are released to moisturise the skin.
- This can be triggered by hormones, stress, diet and genetics can also play a role.
- Tends to be delicate, dull or matte looking, sometimes red and irritated with scaly patches and feelings of tightness.
- Caused by under active sebaceous glands, this is a skin type rather than a condition.
- You will find your skin is aggravated by cold conditions when your skin can became itchy, flaky and rough.
Usually either oily and normal or dry and normal. It is very unlikely to have dry and oily skin, it is more likely that you have dehydrated (see below) and oily skin.
- Oilier parts tend to be in the 'T' zone which are the forehead, nose and chin areas, where there are more oil glands.
- Characterised by ongoing and persistent skin flare ups of irritation, redness and dryness.
- Physical manifestations of a genetic predisposition to sensitive skin are conditions like eczema, rosacea and psoriasis.
- Minimal skin complaints, balanced oils, even texture, good elasticity.
- Pores are visible but not enlarged.
- You will have a dewy glow, but not a sheen.
- This is a skin condition that occurs because you are lacking water, not oils.
- Dry, itchy and a dull looking complexion.
- Tends to be a results of lifestyle choices so drink more water!
- Skin flare ups that are usually affected by outside factors like environment, lifestyle, stress and hormones.
- Your skin's natural barrier has been damaged by one of these external factors but it can be restored.
- Skin can be red, tight, dry and irritated.
Do you identify with any of these? Has there been some skin revelations? Maybe you have dehydrated skin as opposed to dry skin?
If you are looking for a gentle cleanser that is suitable for all skin types, so much so that is used by pro makeup artists on film and TV sets, look no further!