Cosmetic Chemist Job Vacancy
We are looking to welcome a highly skilled Cosmetic Chemist to our ever growing team. The job role is full time, with some flexibility required for weekends and evening work.
Please apply via the form below AFTER reading the description.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Conducting thorough and relevant research to discover innovative ingredients and methods, generate new product ideas and communicating these with the Head of Formulation
- Carrying out extensive market research and SWOT analysis of potential and existing competitive products
- Considering environmental impact of new products in formulation
- Outsourcing raw materials that align with the company ethics
- Writing and disseminating initial sample testing documentation and reviewing results
- Supervising batch manufacturing and assisting in up-scaling to full production
- Carrying out ongoing, robust stability testing on both existing and new products
- Researching and ensuring company products and packaging comply with relevant regulatory and governing bodies
- Required training of manufacturing seniors and junior regulatory advisors where needed
- Purchasing of raw materials, including sourcing, negotiating and attending trade shows
- Working closely with the sales and marketing department to ensure that marketing information is correct and clear, as well as the packaging reflecting the cost of ingredients in the product
- Ensure any claims are substantiated and conduct clinical trials for products in development and existing products
- Carry out and maintain administrative tasks to ensure compliance, validity and protection of important documents and registrations
Strengths, skills and competencies required to succeed in this role;
- Superb organisation
- Project Management
- Proactive attitude
- Excellent IT skills
- Leadership qualities
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Self motivated
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Impressive negotiation skills
- Pride in representing the brand
- Ability to adapt and re-prioritise in a fast-paced environment
Applicants are required to have achieved a BSC Hons in Cosmetic Science, chemistry or a related field or an SCS diploma in Cosmetic Science.
It is desired that you have at least 2 years experience working as a cosmetic chemist in the beauty industry.
Some of the perks include a full brochure of benefits to choose from, so that you can tailor your own benefits package to suit your needs. There is a generous staff discount on products and we focus on personal and professional development, as well as getting the job done.
We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply. We are an inclusive workplace and believe in equity, opportunity and workplace development for everyone.